Monday, April 18, 2011

The blessings of being a Mom

MY FHE FAMILY
I have had the wonderful oppurtunity this year of being a Family Home Evening mom.I have learned a lot from this calling.Although I thought it would be easy I often found myself stressed about what to do. Of course the first few monday nights were easy but as the year went on my ideas ran out.I often found myself francticly searching the internet for any possible idea and more aften then not found myself staring at the computer screen with still no idea of what to do. I have learned through this calling my father in heaven loves me and when he calls me to a calling he will help me. He never failed me I always came up with an something to do and most the time it was just a random thought that popped into my brain and you cant tell me it just happened. Through this calling I have came to realize that my father in heaven loves me and he fullfills his promises and A calling that seemed so small can help one grow an enourmous amount.

As the year went on I often became discouraged because less people showed up and it was hard knowing the majority of them were sitting in their apartments doing "homework". I often was hard on myslef thinking I wasnt doing all I could do to have people come but I came to realize we all have are agency. I am so grateful for awesome roommates who supported me and all the others who always tried to come. I was also lucky enough to work with a an awesome "husband" haha lee who was always willing do anyting I asked of him. I had to oppurtunity to work with a great friend who also was a mother. There is no way that this years Fhe could have gone as well as they did without joining our families. shari your the bomb.

We did some way fun activites together a picture scavenger hunt colored easter eggs had a waffle night and a two dollar dinner and list goes on and on. I am sad that this year is over but I have  enjoyed my calling and I am gratfeul to my heavnly father for giving me this oppurtunity....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment